Friday, November 30, 2012

Mapping Emotions, Hobbits, and Me

1) Ed Fairburn enjoys mapping emotions, (almost) literally. I like the idea. Now you can apply poetic descriptions to actual maps, such as when one says, "Her eyes are an infinite sea of regret and doubt." You can now have an actual sea as her eyes.

2) On a slightly related note, here's some Hobbit art, by J.R.R. Tolkien. Tolkien drew and painted more than 100 different illustrations for The Hobbit himself, and they were only recently discovered (right before the book's 75th anniversary). A book with the complete illustrations is available on Amazon. I'm waiting patiently for the film... :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) The reason I am miserable right now is because, up to this point in my life, I haven't done anything useful. I have been living passively, producing little to nothing everyday, and feeling incomplete. I'm still waiting for the idea that will be the focus of my life. I want to leave something for others after I depart... something to change points of view fundamentally. I want to meet my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment