Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Fountain; A Self-reflection

I just finished watching Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain a short while ago, and immediately after finishing it I began writing a stream of thoughts and questions that came to me, which I am sharing with you now. I'd like to note, though, that I have listened to the film's score long before I watched the film itself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The time is one, the people are many.

- History doesn't complete itself; it is just that this is all man can do.

- Is it possible that you are part of someone else's life?

- Is my soul part of a greater, more complete conscience?

- Is love still good if it leads to hating all except for that which is loved?

- Does love arise because of something within us, something within that which we love, both or neither?

- Is my existence just a complementary one for another life?

- Have I existed before? Do I exist in the future?

- Do I exist in different times as the same person?

- Why is it that the journey does not necessarily provide the expected end?

- Death is not fate. Death comes when one is ready to accept his fate, be it good or bad. It is merely a transitional phase.

- You are never truly free until you die.

- The memory of that which is great is what lives on after death. It is never forgotten; only hidden from those who do not deserve. So is the case with the meaning of life.

- Have I lived forever before?

- Why is it that the aching of the soul is so beautiful?

- In our lives, we come across many a great conscience that we never understand nor truly appreciate. Such a conscience does not pity itself for that, but smiles, knowing that so it walks the right path, and smiles (again).

- Death can be beautiful.

- Fate is not all. Life after death is.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God bless.

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment