Sunday, February 12, 2012

When I pass away...

When my time comes, and death finds me to take me on the real trip to find the purpose of life, don't mourn my passing. I have not left, I have not died. I have simply lost my human form and took on a more complete one. I have been set free, and I live on. I know you can't find me when it is so, but you can still remember me. You can find parts of me everywhere. Remember the words I said and the words I didn't. Read what I wrote. Listen to what I have played. Look at what I've drawn. See what I have captured of my human experience, and find me in it by connecting it all together. That's where I truly live on forever.

Find me in my simplicity and in my complexity. Find me in my depth and in my shallowness. Find me in my words and in my silence. I know it's not easy, but if you really want to you can try and 'meet' the remnants of my conscience that I left in this world. It's as if all of the silences during my lifetime were just one continuous thought that didn't wish to be interrupted; an everlasting, perpetual contemplation of one's existence and all that is and all that isn't. That is why silence is beautiful.

I do not ask you to love me nor to forgive me. I do not ask you to remember me nor to forget me. All I ask of you is to live to be better than I ever was. I have now passed on to the other side, in a continuation of what I was. I promise you, though, that I will still be there when you need me: in moments of joy, and in moments of sorrow. I promise you that all, even time, will pass.

Be silent, be eternal. It is then that you have found the balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment