Saturday, January 19, 2013

Poetry Inspired by Music

On a regular day, I can't really ask for more than great music. On awesome days, I get to experience great music differently.

I've always wished to live inside a music album, and so I have tried many ways to reach that goal. One of these ways is to have a paper and a pencil with me while listening, and I have to draw and/or write anything that crosses my mind. It doesn't have to look good, but it has to be honest, so to speak. When I'm done listening, what I have is, essentially, a self-portrait of myself inside that album.

I listened to album with a friend a couple of days ago, and we we wrote (a very short story) for four minutes together. Today, we listened to another album together, and each of us we decided to write poems inspired by our own reflection on the album, and not necessarily the album itself. Here is mine:

Eyes, running down, receding to clouds;
A mother's sun and her mountain drown.
Failing water never meant to lie underground,
Smoke inspires yours trees and sound;
Shining stars, ever so slightly gleaming,
Glow worms with such delicacy seeming.

Here is the poem written by my friend:
http://dreamnotionpaintdance.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/when-no-one-is-looking/

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment