Monday, January 23, 2012

A few intriguing thoughts...

I always enjoy 'munching' on a good thought, so I thought I'd share some of the interesting thoughts I have with you. Hope you enjoy thinking about them!

1) Are negative dimensions possible? We live in a world that has many dimensions, and we can only perceive four of them. So can negative dimensions exist? I'd say that these are what we'd find on the other side of black holes. I also believe that right on the 'surface' of a black hole would be the zeroth dimension; the point of nothing.

2) What is the opposite of space? If everything exists in space, then space would exist in an even greater space. So, the question is, is there something that isn't 'space'? What would that be like? Is nothingness the opposite of space? Is it that it doesn't exist or that we can't imagine it?

3) What is 'nothing'? When I try to imagine nothingness, I always imagine this white space that extends in all possible directions. But that's not 'nothing'. That's space, and it's colored white. Nothingness wouldn't even be this same space even if it were transparent, because what color would that be then?

4) What would colorlessness be like? A black-and-white life isn't colorless. It's colored, only monochromatically. Could something be colorless? By the way, I don't believe transparent material counts in this case, because it takes the color of whatever is behind it (or the light shining on it). Imagine it like this: if the whole universe was transparent, what would that be like?

5) Can we imagine something with less than two faces? Think about a coin, for example. It has two faces. Can you imagine it with one face only? It's impossible for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment