Saturday, January 21, 2012

Poem - Growing Up

This is not my regular poetry; nevertheless, I'm taking my chances. I'll save you my interpretation of the poem and will leave this up to you. I think it's better that way. The idea for the poem is partially inspired by William Blake's "Songs of Innocence and Experience". Now, without further ado, the poem:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GROWING UP:

I feel the days grow old,
And I still remain the same.
I see the nights unfold,
And I'm more than just a name.

Many lies they have told,
In order to win their game;
But lies aren't made of gold
And soon will die their fame.

My honesty shall be bold,
And my desires I shall tame;
My future I will hold,
I will not be the same.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just after I finished writing the poem here and revising it, I noticed that there's some sort of secret message in there. If you think you've found it, post it as a comment and I'll reply telling you if you got it or not.

God bless.

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment