Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Music and emotions; the connection..

After telling my friend about my decision regarding the name of this blog and the reasoning behind it, my friend replied to me with a message. The following words are from that message:

"It never ceases to amaze me. That everything always goes back to music in your mind. It's really beautiful."

Those phrases got me thinking; why does everything go back to music in my mind? I know I've got a passion for music, but that doesn't quite explain why this happens. I believe this happens because music, to me, is much more than something I listen to. Music is something I feel, something I live, something I experience. as Matt Bellamy, frontman of the English rock band Muse, once said, "Music is a matter of emotion." I believe that is very true; music does not only speak to the emotional side of people, but it is the emotions that we feel, only in a different form.

Sometimes I think in music and then translate it to words. The feeling is beautiful until I actually have to talk. Whatever was on my mind then loses its brilliance automatically, unless it was spoken in music. If only everyone could appreciate music properly...

I'll leave you with a beautiful piece of music; 'Nuvole Bianche' by Ludovico Einaudi. Enjoy:


God bless.

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment